January 21, 2005

my salvation

Ever since I came down with a Strep Throat on Tuesday;

*********************************************************************************
DEFINITION:
Strep throat ? With strep throat and other forms of bacterial pharyngitis, sore throat can be accompanied by any of the following symptoms: fever, pain when swallowing, a generally sick feeling (malaise), headache, redness and swelling in the throat, a coating on the tonsils or tongue, and swollen, tender lymph nodes (swollen glands) in the front of the neck. Children also can have nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
*********************************************************************************

I have not been able to get much sleep, and I've been eating half my usual servings too. I also stopped my daily protein and other wat-nots supplements. As such, I have lost almost 2kg by today.

The worst, however, is that constant throbbing excruciating pain that permeates from my throat and spreads through my entire jaw and skull. And when I swallow, be it my food or water or even just my saliva, it feels like I'm swallowing broken pieces of glass. And it doesn't even feel like the anti-inflammatories and antibiotics are helping at all ...

So 3 days later, after polishing through an entire packet of Panadol Extra and the whole prescription of Ponstan(R) (aka mefenamic acid)I was desperate for something that gives me a more constant and effective sedation. Luckily for me, I've found Zolterol (aka diclofenac sodium). It's this new class of painkillers that reduces pain through a multi-faceted mechanism and best of all, its sustained release and lasts for 24 hours!!!

I'm in heaven ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home