January 17, 2005

missing sydney

Lately, i realise i've been longing for those days that I spent in Sydney.
Perhaps, those times were associated with youthful innocence and wilful ignorance.
It was a time where I knew less, yearned for less but happier maybe. I had many 'firsts' over there. My first handphone, my first alcoholic drink (i think it was a QUICKFUCK), my first sex, first bf, first hit at pot, e and fag, first rave party, first gay party, first time falling in love with the beach and cafe culture, first freedom, first skiing and snowboarding, ...

Perhaps, with the recent influx of all the Ozzie students coming back for the summer holidays, and they brought with them stories of that land downunder, those emotions are once again stirred up. I miss so many of the people there, and those fun times that we have spent together. I loathed the place when I first arrived, and slowly I grew to appreciate the lifestyle it gave me ...

Above all, I miss the dog which my sis used to keep there.
We called it Whiskey, cos it looked drunk with its tongue perpetually sticking out from the side ... We gave it to a fren when we left Sydney and I very much want to visit it again when I go over in March, but they are all the way in Wollongong, which is like 2-3 hours away from Sydney. Sigh... see how lah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home